Welcome to my corner of the Internet 👋🏻 In 1997, I built my first website on Geocities and have been passionate about the web since! I enjoy taking photos, visiting Disney World, making pizzas, and cheering for the Green Bay Packers. My blog features photo galleries and musings about web development and tech.
Who Am I?
Currently, I’m a Development Team Lead at WPForms. Previously, I was a Technical Lead at Americaneagle.com and Director of Engineering at WebDevStudios.
View my résumé on LinkedIn.
In late 2019, I purchased a Lumix GX85 mirrorless camera and dedicated several months to taking courses, reading, practicing, and receiving feedback from my peers. I started out as a modest hobbyist but have since become a passionate enthusiast who appreciates various forms of photography, such as landscape, events, wildlife, street, and astrophotography.
Check out some of my favorite photos and my list of gear below:
Primary “Art” kit:
Secondary “Street” kit:
- SanDisk 128GB UHS-II SD Cards
- Macterm 80″ Tripod
- Joby GorillaPod
- Neewer Gimbal
- Neewer Magnetic Filters
- Neewer Lens Heater
- Cotton Carrier Hand Strap
- Peak Design Leash Camera Strap
- Peak Design Capture Camera Clip v3
- Incase Sling Pack
- Sensei Deluxe Cleaning Kit
- Epson EcoTank Photo Printer (ET-8550)
- Epson Premium Photo Paper
- Adobe Lightroom Classic and Adobe Photoshop
- Panasonic Lumix G9
- Panasonic Lumix G85
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f3.5-5.6
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f3.5-5.6
- Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm f1.7
- Panasonic Lumix G Leica 25mm f1.4
- Panasonic Lumix G Leica 100-400mm f4-6.3
The book guides young readers through the planning and development processes of building a website. It has been translated into other 2 other languages and currently has a 4.5-star rating on Amazon.
Since being published, I’ve also served as the Technical Editor on three other books:
- WordPress for Dummies
- Professional WordPress Plugin Development
(Williams et al., 2020)
- WordPress All-In-One For Dummies
I’ve been part of the WordPress community since 2008. I’ve made contributions to core, documentation, plugins, and themes. I’ve also spoken at WordCamps and meet-ups. I also contribute to other open-source projects like Next.js, Storybook, and Gatsby.
Outside of tech, I’ve volunteered my time and efforts at local community organizations. The Boy Scouts, Wiregrass Church, and the Enterprise High School Band Boosters to name a few.
Here’s where you can find me on social media.
About This Website
For the tech people reading this, here are some quick details about this website:
- It’s headless WordPress powered by Next.js.
- The front-end is hosted on Vercel
- WordPress is hosted on Dell Optiplex 790 in my home office
- I use GitHub for managing the codebase and deployments
- Cloudflare for managing the domain name, DNS, caching, and as a WAF
I believe in transparency and honesty. Some of the links on my website are affiliate links, which means that if you click on these links and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. These commissions help me to keep the site running and help fund my hobbies.
Please note that I only recommend products and services that I have personally used or believe will be of genuine value to my readers. The primary goal is to provide valuable information and resources to my audience, and any monetary compensation received does not influence my content, topics, or posts in any way.
Stay safe out there, and thanks for reading! 🍻