Here are some of the most asked questions I receive during the project scoping phase. These questions also serve as my Terms of Service. If there’s anything else you’d like to know, feel free to contact me.
- What’s the difference between a PSD conversion and a Website Design
- What is a “PSD”?
- Are premium frameworks included?
- What is involved in getting my design transformed into a theme?
- What IS included with a theme?
- What IS NOT included?
- What kind of payment methods do you accept?
- What file formats can you work with?
- Uh Oh. There is a problem! Do you offer a warranty?
- Can I change any of the requirements or details?
- Can I cancel?
- Will you keep or use our theme or design for any reason?
- I want to keep you on retainer, in-case I need help later?
What is the difference between a PSD conversion and Website Design?
This service is intended to be for B2B use between an agency and a freelancer (me). The service is intended for designers and agencies who have the qualifications to produce a layered Photoshop PSD as a web design, but need someone to do the coding/programming.
A PSD conversion is meant to be quick, painless, and complete in under 10-20 hours. You send one file, I send you a WordPress theme. Our transaction is over in a few days.
A custom Website requires substantially more time, effort, planning, and back-and-forth between us. Therefore the cost is more. I will not do content insertion, link up elements to pages, or produce a “final product” to go live.
What is a layered PSD file?
The output file format for: Adobe Photoshop, or simply Photoshop. The graphics editing program developed and published by Adobe Systems. It is the current market leader for commercial bitmap and image manipulation software. It has been described as “an industry standard for graphics professionals”. PLEASE READ: The Photoshop Etiquette Manifesto
Are the premium frameworks included?
If you plan on using a premium framework such as Genesis, you must already own a copy.
What is involved in getting my design transformed into a theme?
After quoting the work, you send a layered PSD file and 50% deposit. I will do the coding on my development server until it’s ready for review. I will send you a link and we can make any necessary tweaks in the form of three (3) revisions. When finished, I will send you the theme files, and if needed, help you install them.
What IS included with a theme after a PSD conversion?
- Three (3) revisions
- All necessary theme files
- Responsive (at both Tablet and Mobile viewports)
- Cross Browser compliant (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, and IE11)
- One (1) hour of help installing on your server
- It’s 100% yours. I do not require a “back-link”, mention, logo, or anything
What IS NOT included?
- Support after 30 days
- Special “out-of-the-ordinary” programming such as: options panels, metaboxes, custom widgets, shopping carts, etc… If these are required, they will need to be scoped separately.
- Graphic creation (this should be supplied as part as the image file you give me)
- Content insertion, linking, and final setup before launch
- More than three (3) revisions
What kind of payment methods do you accept?
All major credit/debit cards and PayPal. Checks are fine too, but must clear before I can start.
What file formats can you work with?
Uh Oh. There is a problem. Do you offer a warranty?
I will make every effort to ensure everything is perfect before sending you the finished child theme. If you do find something wrong, I offer a 30 day warranty period. After which, all time is billable at my hourly rate.
Can I change any of the requirements or details?
I know, sometimes, ideas come to you on the go. I can make the changes, but, there will be additional costs which we will discuss and agree on in a change order, prior to the work.
Can I cancel?
You can cancel, without cost to you, at any time before you make the 50% deposit.
Will you keep or use our theme or design for any reason?
I will never use your theme or design for any reason. Nor will it be included in my portfolio, unless you give me permission. Most of my jobs are strictly white label.
I want to keep you on retainer, in-case I need help later…
I love retainers! We will agree on a block hours each month (at $100 p/h) and you’ll have me on stand-by for anything you need. Contact me and we’ll get started.