Here are some of the most asked questions I receive during the project scoping phase. These questions also serve as my Terms of Service. If there’s anything else you’d like to know, feel free to contact me.
- What’s the difference between a PSD conversion and a Website Design
- What is a “layered file”?
- Are premium frameworks included?
- What is involved in getting my design transformed into a theme?
- What IS included with a theme?
- What IS NOT included?
- What kind of payment methods do you accept?
- What file formats can you work with?
- Uh Oh. There is a problem! Do you offer a warranty?
- Can I change any of the requirements or details?
- Can I cancel?
- Will you keep or use our theme or design for any reason?
- I want to keep you on retainer, in-case I need help later?
What is the difference between a PSD conversion and Website Design?
This service is intended to be for B2B use between an agency and a freelancer (me). The service is intended for designers and agencies who have the qualifications to produce a layered Photoshop PSD as a web design but need someone to do the coding/programming.
A PSD conversion is meant to be quick, painless, and complete in hours (not weeks). You send one file, I send you a WordPress theme. Our transaction is over in a few days.
A custom Website requires substantially more time, effort, planning, and back-and-forth between us. Therefore the cost is more. I will not do content insertion, link up elements to pages, or produce a “final product” to go live.
What is a layered file?
The output file format for Adobe Photoshop or Sketch.
Are the premium frameworks or plugins included?
If you plan on using Genesis or Advanced Custom Fields Pro, you must already have a license key.
What is involved in getting my design transformed into a theme?
After quoting the work, you send a layered file and 50% deposit. I will locally until it’s ready for review. I’ll send you a link, and we can make any necessary tweaks in the form of three (3) revisions. Upon completion, I’ll send you the theme, and if needed, help you install.
What IS included with a theme after a PSD conversion?
- Three (3) revisions
- All the necessary theme files
- Responsive (at mobile/tablet/desktop viewports)
- Cross Browser compliant (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge,)
- One (1) hour of help installing on your server
- It’s 100% yours. I do not require a “back-link”, mention, logo, or anything
What IS NOT included?
- Support after 30 days
- Special “out-of-the-ordinary” programming such as options panels, overly complex components, shopping carts, etc… If these components are required, they will need to be scoped separately.
- Graphic creation (this should be supplied as part of the image file you give me)
- Content insertion, linking, and final setup before launch
- More than three (3) revisions
What kind of payment methods do you accept?
All major credit/debit cards via Stripe. Checks are fine too but they must clear before I can start.
What file formats can you work with?
I prefer to work with a layered PSD, layered Sketch, or even layered files on Invision. At the very least, I can work with JPG, PNG, or PDF, but it won’t be pixel perfect! PLEASE READ: The Photoshop Etiquette Manifesto
Uh Oh. There is a problem. Do you offer a warranty?
Yes. I will make every effort to ensure everything is pixel perfect before sending you the finished theme. If you do find something wrong, I offer a 30 day warranty period. After which, all time is billable at my hourly rate.
Can I change any of the requirements or details?
I know, sometimes, ideas come to you on the go. I can make the changes, but, there will be additional costs which we will discuss and agree on in a change order prior to starting the work.
Can I cancel?
Yes. Any time before you make the 50% deposit.
Will you keep or use our theme or design for any reason?
I will never use your theme or design for any reason. Nor will it be included in my portfolio, unless you give me permission. Most of my work is white label.
I want to keep you on retainer, in-case I need help later…
I love retainers! I sell blocks of hours each month, and you’ll have me on standby for anything you need. Contact me today and let’s get started.