Here are the most asked questions I receive during the initial hiring phase. These questions also serve as my Terms of Service. If there’s anything else you’d like to know, feel free to contact me.
- What’s the difference between a PSD conversion and a Website or Blog Design
- What is a “PSD”?
- What is Thesis?
- What is Genesis?
- Are the premium frameworks included?
- What is involved in getting my design transformed into a child theme?
- What IS included with a child theme?
- What IS NOT included?
- What kind of payment methods do you accept?
- What file formats can you work with?
- Uh Oh. There is a problem with the coding!
- Can I change any of the requirements or details?
- Can I cancel?
- Will you keep or use our theme or design for any reason?
- I want to keep you on retainer, in-case I need help later?
What is the difference between a PSD conversion and Website or Blog Design
This service is intended to be for B2B use between an agency and a freelancer (me). The service is intended for designers and agencies who have the qualifications to produce a layered Photoshop PSD as a web design, but need someone to do the coding/programming.
A PSD conversion is meant to be quick, painless, and complete in under 10-20 hours. You send one file, I send you a child theme. Our transaction is over in a few days.
A custom Website requires substantially more time, effort, planning, and back-and-forth between us. Therefore the cost is more. I will not do content insertion, link up elements to pages, or produce a “final product” to go live.
What is a layered PSD file?
The output file format for: Adobe Photoshop, or simply Photoshop. The graphics editing program developed and published by Adobe Systems. It is the current market leader for commercial bitmap and image manipulation software. It has been described as “an industry standard for graphics professionals”. PLEASE READ: The Photoshop Etiquette Manifesto
What is Thesis?
Thesis is premium WordPress Theme, which acts more like a Framework. Giving us a rock-solid blank canvas to paint on. Check out DIY Themes for more information.
What is Genesis?
Like Thesis, Genesis is premium WordPress framework. Check out StudioPress for more information.
Are the premium frameworks included?
No, you must already own a copy.
What is involved in getting my design transformed into a child theme?
You upload the layered PSD file, fill out the form and let me know what you would like to have done. After receiving a 50% deposit, I can get started. I will do the coding on my development server until it’s ready for review. I will send you a link and we can make any necessary tweaks in the form of three (3) revisions. When finished, I will send you the child theme files, and if needed, help you install them.
What IS included with a child theme?
- Three (3) revisions
- All necessary theme files
- Cross-browser compliant (IE9+ and all modern browsers)
- One (1) hour of help installing on your server
- It’s 100% yours. I do not require a “back-link”, mention, logo, or anything
What IS NOT included?
- Free support after 30 days
- Special “out-of-the-ordinary” programming such as: options panels, crazy jQuery, custom widgets, building shopping carts, etc…
- Graphic creation (this should be supplied as part as the image file you give me)
- Content insertion, linking, and final setup before launch
- More than three (3) revisions
What kind of payment methods do you accept?
All major credit cards via PayPal.
What file formats can you work with?
Uh Oh. There is a problem with the coding…
I will make every effort to ensure everything is perfect before sending you the finished child theme. If you do find something wrong, you have 30 days to contact me for a repair. Afterwhich, all time is billable.
Can I change any of the requirements or details?
I know, sometimes, ideas come to you on the go. I can make the changes, but we reserve the right to charge you at my hourly rate.
Can I cancel?
You can cancel your order without cost to you at any time before you make the 50% deposit. You can no longer cancel an order after the deposit; since I will have started working on the project.
Will you keep or use our theme or design for any reason?
I will never use your theme or design for any reason. Nor will it be included in my portfolio, unless you give me permission. Most of my jobs are strictly white label.
I want to keep you on retainer, in-case I need help later…
No retainer is necessary, simply shoot me an email and I can help for $95 an hour.